Bayeux Cycling Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bayeux CT Tuesday evening chaingang

+3
iggy
Shane P
Greeny
7 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

The Bayeux CT Tuesday evening chaingang - Page 5 Empty Re: The Bayeux CT Tuesday evening chaingang

Post  Greeny Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:15 pm

Shane - there was some talk about chaingang activities this Thursday, although it could have been light-headedness after climbing Streat hill!! Wink

Jonesy will no doubt update everyone - my attendance depends on how I feel after my drink-up/curry in London tonight...

Greeny

Back to top Go down

The Bayeux CT Tuesday evening chaingang - Page 5 Empty Re: The Bayeux CT Tuesday evening chaingang

Post  Shane P Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:07 am

Hope fun was had by all tonight, I'm going to struggle to get home from London in time.

Thursday's are a bit more possible potentially. If I can manage it, 6.45 where?

Shane P

Back to top Go down

Post  iggy Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:37 am

Beresford Lane destruction and devastation aside, amazing how a technique change made so much of a difference. To think we cruised round only a minute slower than the fastest lap last week yet it felt so much easier. More practise on that under effort conditions and it won't be long before we crack a sub 10 min lap. Well done chaps, good riding.

iggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane P Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:36 pm

Yes, since the Handicaps finish this week, we could bring a training session out on the Thursday night as well as the Tuesday chaingang.

I won't be there tonight (7th Aug) but hope to be around for the the 14th and beyond.

Shane P

Back to top Go down

Post  Gozza Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:13 pm

I think Shane means instead of the handicaps which finish this week

Gozza

Back to top Go down

Post  iggy Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:01 pm

In response to Shane's question "It sounds like the sprint training could be on a Thursday instead of the racing".

Yes to Thursday but ? instead of racing.
Obviously some prefer to race and that takes priority.

A debatable point to throw out there:
Some say it's better to get fit and speed in the legs through racing?

iggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane P Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:35 am

Sounds good, although my next Tuesday will be the 14th assuming I can get back from London in time. 6.45 will be quite tight as I'm not sure how early I'll be able to get a train home.

It sounds like the sprint training could be on a Thursday instead of the racing, did I read this right?

As the nights draw in, have people got PROPER front lights to continue this or will we stop when the clocks change?

Shane P

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeny Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:43 pm

This is Jonesy's message from the other thread - so far Gozza and myself are in agreement on new meeting place:

Good stuff for starters and great everyone enjoyed it which is the main thing.

There'll be a couple of changes made to the format next week over the first 2 laps but the final 2 laps remain the same.

What do you guys think about changing the start/end to Travis Perkins/Wivelsfield school?
The reason being was that at half way (2 laps) we could take a short recovery ride by continuing 200m along South Road, turn left into Downsview Drive then left back onto North Common Rd and ready to start again. About 3-4 min recovery and chat.

If agreeable, can we meet at Wivelsfield School at the end of 100 acre lane still at the same time of 6:45?

bounce
Moving on to the week after next and if there was no racing on Thursday evenings, we could do a different sort of training too. At least it's some prep for next year. And that's lead out and sprint training.
With safety a priority in mind, somewhere relatively quiet, a short loop and with lighting if required, we could use Charles Ave, York Road and Jane Murray Way? Near the main Burgess Hill Tesco. If anyone knows of a better safer small circuit then shout?

Idea being each lap a different sprinter is chosen, others wind up the pace along Jane Murray Way (sprinter sits in), then at a designated place somewhere along Charles Ave the final lead out man pulls over leaving the sprinter to have a go. Could spice it up a bit and then make the last man of the group to come from behind and challenge the sprinter.
Ok - so I'd loose the sprint every bloomin time so need to practise Very Happy

Just a thought for now and putting the idea out there?

Jonesy

Greeny

Back to top Go down

The Bayeux CT Tuesday evening chaingang - Page 5 Empty The Bayeux CT Tuesday evening chaingang

Post  Greeny Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:40 pm

A new thread dedicated to this great new initiative!

Greeny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5