Well!!!!!!

Go down

Re: Well!!!!!!

Post  lechef on Thu May 02, 2013 5:33 am

Shit mate just googled it that don't sound good. Thought i'd check before posting some daft response. Hoping to be out Sunday post Majorca Very Happy Very Happy

lechef

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  _BLIXA_ on Wed May 01, 2013 9:21 pm

There's been no sign of me anywhere recently and I am sorry about that. I've been a bit ill. I am ill. I have something called Achalasia which means eating is pretty much an impossible dream some days. Shame really because I was ready to have a good go back in March but have been hit by this.

I've reading through the race reports. Sounds like everyone is doing ok.

A new thread for 'training rides' perhaps but if anyone is about Sunday for a Café run to the Badgers I'd be pleased to join you.

_BLIXA_

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeny on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:18 am

Hillsy wrote:i think we should rename greeny G.Thomas : Laughing

Ha ha! I am a crash magnet on that course I must admit.

However, I'm told that post my withdrawal there were a further TWO big crashes, after the second of which Glyn stopped the race and spent five minutes giving all the riders a proper bollocking!!

Think the warm weather got to everybody a bit - there was a nasty pile-up in the women's race as well

Greeny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

re well

Post  Hillsy on Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:58 am

i think we should rename greeny G.Thomas : Laughing

Hillsy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lechef on Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:32 pm

Well too many shit riders who spend their lives on a turbo and can't ride in a bunch Very Happy The request wasn't aimed at you Greeny as a manager i have to keep an eye on all the racers lol! lol! lol!

lechef

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gozza on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:27 pm

never mind Greeny we've all been there and done that - at least you got the first one out of the way - as soon as LeChef told me how many were doing the race I predicted a pile up - trouble is there are too many riders and too few races!!!!!!!!

Gozza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeny on Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:06 am

I guess that means me.

Wasted journey really. Didn't have the legs to get to the front of the massive bunch; then three laps in, on the descent after the main climb, a whole load of riders came down hard and as they fanned out across the road I had to take a trip onto the mud and pine cones that constituted a verge. Managed to stay upright, but by the time I'd clipped back in, regained the track and started riding again the bunch was away.

Turned myself inside out to try and get back on and indeed got within about 30 metres, but it was futile - I just don't have the fitness for such efforts at the moment.

A few of us who'd been caught out by the crash formed a grupetto with the intention of latching back on when the bunch came past again. Good idea in principle but when they did - at the worst possible place on the course, the tight downhill right left switch before the final straight - I gave them too much respect with the result that I missed the back of them and was left on my own again!!

That was quite enough nonsense for one day so I rolled in and climbed off.

Rubbish start to my 3rd Cat life, but at least I didn't leave in an ambulance like some of them Crying or Very sad

Need to go away and get some proper, actual training in before I even think about racing again.

P.S. no sign of Mark T in the 4ths race...

Greeny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Well!!!!!!

Post  lechef on Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:40 am

I'm waiting Very Happy Very Happy

lechef

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content