Runfold Surrey League

Go down

Re: Runfold Surrey League

Post  iggy on Tue May 14, 2013 9:46 pm

Nice tit-bit there Shane about the tea shop in Seale. A quick look at a Google route shows 80-100 mile round trip so maybe one for a mega club run in the summer now that we're mapped and Strava'd up. We can now ride various new routes via tiny lanes so keep up the good work when out there racing by keeping your eye out for these potential places.
Once you're a bit fitter and clip off the front of the bunch for a few minutes, you'll have time then to pop in these tea shops and look at the menu. study Mark will want to know these things.

iggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane P on Mon May 13, 2013 8:43 pm

What???

Mark was fueling up on Saturday with those left over cakes so maybe that was what did it. bounce

Shane P

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeny on Mon May 13, 2013 7:39 pm

Good work Shane!

Sadly you're not going to see me at the races any time soon, given that I got shelled on the club run yesterday... Embarassed

Greeny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Runfold Surrey League

Post  Shane P on Mon May 13, 2013 5:17 pm

Not quite a full field (I don't think) rolled out onto a potholed circuit that was new to many. The climb to the line used the shortened Cutmill circuit but then we crossed over at the top for some more climbing before dropping down into Seale just under the A31 (a Great place for riding and tea stop by the way). Flat along the top of th circuit until a draggy climb followed by a fast descent returns you to the foot of the climb.

First lap I felt really heavy in the legs but a solo move by Graham Crow of Twickenham on lap 2 got some distance so myself and a VC Meudon rider bridged. We went quite hard up the climb with me doing a long turn over the top put me on the back foot for the faster section on the flat. I was starting to suffer and attacks from within the bunch brought us back really quickly.

I tried again a few more times but didn't really have the legs to stay away. It wasn't long before riders were shelled out the back during some of the faster times though other times it was nice and Sunday run-esque.

A few moves tried to go late on but soon got closed down and all to play for up the mile climb to the line. I kept in the first 10 to 15 at the foot of it and as a few do or die forays went up the first few inclines. I followed wheels as I couldn't do any more and as things wound up towards the line I had a bit more space as riders dropped away. Hanging in for dear life I was closing in on Mark Smith from CW but someone just whipped past me for 6th and I got 7th. All things considered though I quite happy with that. Knowing many never even saw the front and got shelled out means I'm back closer to where I wanted to be early season but still not quite strong enough just yet for a win.

Next up, handicap on Thursday just near Copthorne. I tend to go quite well on that fast circuit so looking forward to it. Anybody else???

Shane P

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down