Bayeux Cycling Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dunsfold vets 19/06

+2
Gozza
lechef
6 posters

Go down

Dunsfold vets 19/06 Empty Re: Dunsfold vets 19/06

Post  lechef Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:50 pm

opportunistic !!!!!!  Yes i would agree certainly not the strongest in the bunch. I had spent most of the race trying to work out who was doing what for who and the best place to try something before a bunch finish. Everything just worked spot on. However it's gone from elation to deflation within 24hrs see Lewes Crit result:(

lechef

Back to top Go down

Post  iggy Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:27 am

Hooorah the BCT have won a race. As the saying goes, 'it's not over until the fat lady sings'.  Excellent job chaps.

Probably LeChefs last race of the year tonight if previous years event participation is anything to go by, so it'll be down to you boys to carry on the winning streak. Do us proud tonight and just maybe we numbers twos might be ours Smile

iggy

Back to top Go down

Post  _BLIXA_ Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:09 pm

Good effort all round. Congratulations Mark!

_BLIXA_

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeny Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:39 pm

It was a masterclass in strong, opportunistic riding and a privilege to see first hand!

Drew gritted teeth compliments from the likes of Jason Edwards and Craig Wilson afterwards, so you know it was a good 'un.

Mark can tell the full story (and no doubt will Wink) but essentially a big old Mitre unit had chipped off the front on the last lap after nothing had stuck all night.  As we went up the back straight Mark flew off the front after him and, amazingly, none of the 100 or so Meudons present gave chase, despite having worked all night for a bunch sprint.

I got stuck behind some argy-bargy and cruised home, but made sure I had good sight of the finish where Mark had caught the Mitre, sat on him then jumped him at the line, just holding off the sprinters by a bike length or two.  It was so close the Mitre bloke was caught for second by the lead sprinter!

I suffered from a gimpy knee and cramp later on, probably caused by my "should have gone to Specsavers" moment on lap one when I went after a Jason Edwards breakaway only to find when I reached him it was actually a Meudon 4th Cat in similar coloured kit!! Embarassed

Greeny

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane P Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:26 pm

Well done Mark, even if I was hoping to scalp the first win of the season for BCT!! cheers

Probably not going to happen this year, got too much on my plate at the moment so just ticking along as best I can.

Looking forward to riding the BCT lead out train anytime soon then! lol!

Shane P

Back to top Go down

Post  Gozza Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:58 pm

Nice one Mark - how about 2 wins in 2 days - good luck tonight

Gozza

Back to top Go down

Dunsfold vets 19/06 Empty Dunsfold vets 19/06

Post  lechef Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:10 am

Win number 1 Very Happy:D:D:D   Even managed to get both arms aloft with the bunch just behind at speed, will get some pics up once Glyn has sent them to me. Great night perfect weather for my self and Greeny. Yup the fat bloke still knows how to win:D:D:D:D:D

lechef

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down