Plumpton cyclo cross

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Re: Plumpton cyclo cross

Post  _BLIXA_ on Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:32 pm

Video of the seniors race at Plumpton this Saturday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=J0DGo70aztI#t=255

_BLIXA_

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gozza on Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:15 am

congratulations Mark - an excellent event and worth all the effort

Gozza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  _BLIXA_ on Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:46 pm

_BLIXA_

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  _BLIXA_ on Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:41 pm

Thank you EVERYONE. I am shattered but elated that it seemed to have gone really well. The feedback so far has been nothing but positive and that is testament to the support I have received on the day from everyone.

My favourite quote of yesterday is a guy complaining about the section we built up in the driving range "This is pointless..." - NO SHIT SHERLOCK!!

_BLIXA_

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lechef on Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:56 am

Great effort today from all who helped both team members and all the non members who turned out in horrible weather to make it a great day. Well done Mark all your hard work organising this event paid off today role on more of the same

lechef

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeny on Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:00 am

Happy to do registration desk, since I've done that for our road race in the past...

Greeny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gozza on Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:00 pm

I dont mind but Mini Gozza and his mate might be best marshaling - if you want me to do the same I dont mind

Gozza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  _BLIXA_ on Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:00 am

Hello Iggy

Thanks - it would be useful if all volunteers and helpers were available on the day from 8:45 for a briefing ready to take up positions from 9am. If you can get there earlier that will be great - I will be on campus from 7am to finish setting up and organising the registration desk and things.

Key tasks for volunteers is:

Registration desk - 2/3 people
Judging - 2/3 people
Marshals 4/5
First Aid 1

I think we just about cover that. I can allocate jobs on the day but I would like a show of hands now to take lead positions at Registration, judging and marshaling.

We are all experienced at doing this on the road, this is no different really, except it will be a hell of a lot busier. Could you please let me know your preference for which job you'd like to do.

Latest news here: http://whitechalkhills.cx/?page_id=17

Thanks

Mark Tearle

_BLIXA_

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iggy on Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:23 am

Mark - What time do you want Liz there at, where does she report to, what will be her job/marshelling position be.

First event is 10:30, make sure she is kept busy from whatever time you need her to attend. If she's standing round doing nothing, she'll probably disappear!

I arrive by 11:30, where do I report to, what will be my job ?

Ian

iggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lechef on Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:29 pm

I finish. At 1500 in Lewes. So barring any problems should be with you 15.15 hopefully with fb stakes from Dougie

lechef

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  _BLIXA_ on Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:17 pm

That's great, thanks Mark

Hello everyone. The links below take you to the confirmed courses for the day. I should be able to get to Plumpton College at about 14:00 on Friday to start setting up. My friend Kris is bringing me over in his van with the wood to build the bridge and we will be meeting Jo Burt there. Mark, did you say you would be there about 15:00 - 16:00?

If anyone else is available to help that would be appreciated (given that it is a normal working day for most I don't really expect that many will be able to come over).

You will note that the courses are just versions of the same thing - it will just be a matter of managing where the tape is on the day to open and close sections accordingly.

I have a meeting at the college later today and I will double check again tomorrow if they have cut the grass!

Juniors/Womens/Vets and Seniors Course: http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=620582

Youth Course: http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=620590

U10/12 Course: http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=620584

I will be at the venue at the crack of dawn on the Saturday to finish off and check over the course - I have to go through a risk assessment with the commissaire anyway so that will be a good opportunity to check everything is in order. If I can ask those who are coming to be available from 08:30 that would be great.

You'll probably hear from me again no doubt.

Thanks

Mark

_BLIXA_

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lechef on Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:37 am

I will bring some cakes if I can resist eating them first

lechef

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  _BLIXA_ on Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:24 am

Is anyone keen on making some cakes to donate? http://whitechalkhills.cx/?page_id=17

_BLIXA_

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  _BLIXA_ on Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:33 am

I tell you, if it wasn't for this grass issue organising this would be a piece of piss.

I found a new venue yesterday funny enough. Not one we can switch to within the week unfortunately, but for future reference.

_BLIXA_

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lechef on Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:12 am

I think i will stick to road events at least you dont have to get the grass cut. I have the prize mugs from Mitch and will collect stakes this week. The satellite pic looks like a giant demented snail has gone mad at Plumpton. I'm actually looking forwrd to it might even have a go one day?????? may be not:D 

lechef

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  _BLIXA_ on Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:00 am

I flipping knew that table would corrupt once I hit 'send' - I hope you get the general idea.

_BLIXA_

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  _BLIXA_ on Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:59 am

It's a pretty tight schedule to get all registered and races underway. It will be a busy day.

Schedule as follows:

Category Registration Time Race Time Race Length
Under 10 09:30 – 10:00 10:30 15 mins
Under 12 10:00 – 10:30 10:45 15 mins
Youth 10:30 – 11:00 11:15 30 mins
Juniors 11:30 – 12:15 12:30 45-5o mins
Vet/Women 11:30 – 12:15 12:30 45-50 mins
Seniors 12:30 – 13:30 13:45 1 hour

I hope this table makes sense.

I went over to the college this afternoon. I'm annoyed and a bit disappointed to report that the grass has not been cut as promised - or at least he said the had been grass cut recently but I saw no evidence of it...I doubt very much it could have grown that much that quickly. He has said that he will get it done early next week if needed and I have emailed him tonight (which I will follow up with a phone call in the morning) to insist that it gets done. See latest news www.whitechalkhills.cx as I have been updating things there.

I was helping at Happy Valley cyclocross race today - it pissed down all morning but it was a good race and despite the ghastly weather there was a good turn out. I have secured the help of Dave Gerrey from VC Jubilee who seems to have all the gadgets to help manage registration and results - I am told that the electronic timing system is a little more reliable so between us all, with belt and braces, this should be fairly smooth running.

If you change the view here to satellite or hybrid you get an idea of the course: http://www.bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=619949 - not confirmed yet and I need to work on a shorter kids course but this is, in general, what it will look like. The start straight is a work in progress and it is there to conform to the Cyclocross regs, this can be shortened to the edge of Church Field which may well happen.

Everything depends upon the bloody grass being cut!

Thanks

Mark

_BLIXA_

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gozza on Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:08 pm

what is the schedule for the day Mark?

Gozza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iggy on Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:59 am

Hi - I can be there from 11:30 onwards but to cover the earlier part Liz has offered to help but then we swap as she has to disappear to run at Goodwood.

Any job will do but not lead bike tongue 

Might even bring along the Swiss cow-bell to get the atmosphere going Laughing 

iggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RichMitch on Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:25 am

Hello gents.

Mr thick head here. It turns out I've got my dates mixed up and will have to miss the cx racing. I'm really sorry. As an apology I'm going to donate three of my team sky mugs as prizes. I'm hoping to be able to drop them round to Mark M's tomorrow morning before I go away on me hols.

Sorry again, I really did want to help... I bloody love the cyclocross.

RichMitch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lechef on Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:39 am

Mark. I will come and help Friday afternoon I'm working in the morning but finish at 3pm I will bring the extra stakes from Dougie. Don't mind what I do on the Saturday but will arrive early to help pre start but do need to leave 2.30 at the latest for work again will have to pass on the getting pissed bit as good as it sounds

lechef

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  _BLIXA_ on Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:02 am

All has progressed well, just a few loose ends to tie up and then we're ready to go.

I'll be on site Friday afternoon (18th October) with a couple of friends to start setting up so that this task is not to onerous on Saturday morning, we have permission from the college to access the site and do this. If anyone is available to help out then that is marvelous. I'll share the course with you all by this Saturday night at the latest.

The main roles for the day will be the registration desk, lap recording and results, help with parking and marshaling. The course map that I will share with you will have details of where everything is on the site. I'll also share a registration and race schedule with you all by Saturday night too.

If you have any preference with what role you'd like to do then do let me know here. The Lap recording and results will be quite an intense job and may need to be done in shifts throughout the day but I can let you know how that works if you're at all worried.

Don't forget, bring your families if they're interested in a day out. It's all well away from any roads so it's perfectly safe and it will be a lot of fun to watch the racing.

Also, if anyone is interested in getting pissed afterwards you'll find me in the bar with my head on the bar of the Half Moon Inn drinking all of the Long Man ale.

Thanks

Mark

_BLIXA_

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lechef on Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:45 am

Great stuff the list grows
25/09/2013

Mark T Organiser
Martin g
Mark M until 1430
Nathan
Ritch from 1pm
Ian J
Gozza
Chris K
Mini Gozza
Harry
Foxy
Jo Burt - Jo is available to help set up the day before
Jo's friend Grant
Matt Butt of ASL360

lechef

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  _BLIXA_ on Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:00 pm

Names added to the list of helpers:

Jo Burt - Jo is available to help set up the day before
Jo's friend Grant
Matt Butt of ASL360.

_BLIXA_

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  _BLIXA_ on Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:30 am

Minor point rectified - I shall yell at that person I paid no money to do a website later on, yeah? ;-) - joking aside, thanks for pointing that out.

As to the road racing thing...first sentence says:

"Plumpton CX is promoted by Bayeux Cycling Team - a Sussex based road racing team established in 1994."
han

_BLIXA_

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next