Surrey league AGM

Go down

Re: Surrey league AGM

Post  _BLIXA_ on Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:13 am

Turns out I am wrong. Never mind - it was apropos of nothing anyway. silent 

Look at that, I even used one of them emoticon things.

_BLIXA_

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  _BLIXA_ on Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:55 am

At the moment I think I can commit to coming along on that date.

I hear through the Grapevine that Glyn may be stepping down from running the Surrey League, though I may have got that the wrong way round and he is stepping down from his BC role but keeping the league role?

_BLIXA_

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane P on Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:02 am

Mark, can you challenge once again the two race rule for: a) small clubs - can we combine forces with other clubs and still keep our membership and separate identity?
b) Thursday evening handicap races or TT events seem to be the two race allowance taken up for some clubs but take fewer marshals. Would a better mix of weekend and evening race hosting be fairer?

We (you) arrange two events on separate weekends which provides much better value at our expense to league riders (not to mention the significantly better prepared/organised and fulfilling elements - prizes) than those who offer a 3rds and a 2/3rds on the same day. The latter is far more efficient as you only ask for a day of commitment rather than 2 three quarter days and ticks the box but we do it better from the riders point of view.

Along the same lines as my thoughts above, maybe smoothing race offerings out over the year will provide riders with a better calendar than certainly this year has offered. Quite a few weekends now have no SRL race in at all.

I agree not much will be done but I hope change will one day happen.

Much appreciated for going, I hope others in club go with you. I look forward to seeing my winnings from a good 1/2 year relatively speaking!!

Shane P

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Surrey league AGM

Post  lechef on Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:21 am

The Hawth, Hawth Ave, Crawley, West Sussex RH10 6YZ

Saturday November 23rd 2013 - 11:30 AM for a 12:00 start

If you want to come along let me know we need to book its all free but we still need to book via rider HQ.

If you're unhappy with the league have your say it probably wont change anything but it will make you feel better maybe:D 

lechef

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down