Questions about membership or anything else

Go down

Training Ride

Post  Query on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:16 am

Hi All at Bayeux

First of all, apols for not making the ride on Sunday - a big training session on Saturday unfortunately left nothing in the legs so thought it best to text Gozzas to at least let him know I wouldn't make it.

Unfortunately I cannot make any Sundays in March now and with racing starting second w/end in March I may have left it too late to make a decision on clubs etc

I would still like to do a Sunday ride with you guys at some point (if that is okay) so will keep an eye on the forum and stay in contact with Gozzas re: training rides.

Thanks again for all your really helpful responses on the forum.

Cheers - Bruce

Query

Back to top Go down

Joining/training

Post  Query on Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:35 am

Hi lechef

No worries about delay in response - I understand...everyone has lots on! Many thanks for your helpful reply - everyone has been really friendly and got back to me with informative posts - cheers!

Again, sorry for multiple posts but race licence renewal is looming and wanted to make a decision before then.

All the info re: being a Bayeux member sounds fine to me.

Will keep an eye on forum and should make it to the Sunday ride if one is on...meet at Ditchling Common 9am on Sunday I believe.

Cheers - Bruce

Query

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions about membership or anything else

Post  lechef on Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:53 am

Bruce
As you can see from the replies the boys have done well. Been busy at work hence the lack of response.

We don't have many rules and those we have are un written and very simple

1, All team members will wear full team kit both racing and training. Any ancillary kit leg/arm warmers should be black or one of our colours Black/Grey/White

2, All team members will help with the two surrey league events we organise.

That's it!!!!!! obviously we have all the normal excuses for not being able to follow the above.

We have lost a few members recently mainly due to the fact they don't want to help out at our two events so it was "Goodbye" sounds harsh but we pride our selves on putting on two good events.

We are also affiliated to all organisations BC.RTT,ESCA, SURREY LEAGUE. Subs £25 of which £5 goes to St Michaels Hospice.

Team kit is ordered by me. Price is varied depending on club finance. As a rough idea summer tops £15 shorts £20 longsleeve tops £35 Winter thermal tights £35 full winter tops £60 these are all Giordana if you want to check prices click on the link on our website it's "Custom kit" is the one you want.

Most of our training and racing is organised through this forum, worth checking. We would like all members to race but not a must.

lechef

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Joining/Training

Post  Query on Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:57 pm

Hi Martin

Doesn't look like I can post anywhere else than here in this section of the forum....so I'll keep an eye out for anyone posting re: training rides this Sunday. Thanks for getting back to me.

Cheers - Bruce

Query

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeny on Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:35 pm

Query wrote:Hi Rich

Many thanks again for your post.

Yep, if anyone can set me up on the forum that would be great (unless you have to be a paid up member first) although I can view the different threads at the moment.

I think the next step is to try get out on a ride and if there is one going from Ditchling Common this Sunday I would grateful if someone could post the details etc. Only other thing is for me to know what is expected of a Bayeux member when it comes to wearing kit, performing in races, working for the team (or not!) etc

Cheers - Bruce

Hi Bruce - you can set yourself up as a forum member if/when you join the club - in the meantime you can see most of what is here anyway, so feel free to post in the "training rides" section as a guest. I'm not sure what is happening on Sunday yet; I for one may be racing, but news on the club run will appear there nearer the time. Cheers, Martin

Greeny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Joining / Training

Post  Query on Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:17 pm

Hi Rich

Many thanks again for your post.

Yep, if anyone can set me up on the forum that would be great (unless you have to be a paid up member first) although I can view the different threads at the moment.

I think the next step is to try get out on a ride and if there is one going from Ditchling Common this Sunday I would grateful if someone could post the details etc. Only other thing is for me to know what is expected of a Bayeux member when it comes to wearing kit, performing in races, working for the team (or not!) etc

Cheers - Bruce

Query

Back to top Go down

Post  RichMitch on Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:33 am

Hi Bruce,

No worries, people have called me much worse... and some do call me mitch, its been a nickname for years.

There will hopefully be a ride heading out this Sunday. I'm away in Norfolk on a bit of a break, taking the cross bike though so should be fun.

If Martin can set up access for you to the rest of the forum you could check out the 'training rides section' and say hello to the guys and find out who's doing what this weekend.

All the best, glad i could help

Richard

RichMitch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Joining Bayeux

Post  Query on Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:46 am

Hi Rich (sorry - called you Mitch earlier!)

Thanks for your reply - really helpful.

I'll wait to see if any others advise on kit costs and subs but now have a rough idea.

As for TTs I would only be using them for training so prob wouldn't going for any big open events - will check on the CTT site as to affiliation etc. Road and track will be my main focus.

Shouldn't be a problem getting to Ditchling Common for ride - is there a training ride going from there this Sunday?

Cheers - Bruce

Query

Back to top Go down

Post  RichMitch on Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:28 am

Hi Bruce

I will try to answer as much as i can, and hopefully the other guys can fill in the gaps.

Alot of these answers will be rough ish, but it will give you a ball park idea.

I think subs were about £25 this year...

With regards to TT's i don't think the club is affiliated to any TT leagues etc as none of our members have done them enough to warrant the expense. However, that might change if you set a trend.

If you're Brighton based you would be more than welcome to join us on one of our club run, rather than going across to Hastings, might be a bit far??? Smile [or not... don't let me put you off] Embarassed

We tend to meet at the roundabout near ditchling common at 9am on a sunday. But it's worth looking at the forum just in case people are busy with family stuff etc and cant make it. There is about 7 of us that ride from there most weeks, but you know how family stuff can be and sometimes needs must.

The Club run is about 60miles and we often use the same route out to the cafe Badgers at Alfriston and back. Its a flat ish run with a usual climb on the long man at Wilmington.

http://girodilento.com/my-first-ever-club-ride-with-bayeux-landscape

This is a link to Scott's blog, its a great account of what it's like to ride with us on our club run.

Kit wise i think Mark [or one of the other guys] can give you a full run down on prices etc. But it's not as expensive as a lot of local clubs because of the sponsorship the club has from various sources.

Any other questions, thoughts etc feel free to put them on here. I'm sure someone will answer any queries if I can't.

Hopefully see you out with us soon.

Richard Very Happy

RichMitch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Joining Bayeux

Post  Query on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:56 am

Hi Mitch

Thanks for your post - apologies for bombarding you guys with emails etc but I have to renew my racing licence in next few weeks so would like to sort out club for 2012 by then.

Briefly: I am a Cat 3 (vet) road and track cyclist. I currently ride for Sussex club and have been with them for the past 4 seasons or so. I have been racing seriously for about 6 years now.

I mainly focus on road with my intention to ride more track this year and do some more TTS.

I am considering a club change and wanted to know cost of subs/kit; some basic idea of what is expected of a Bayeux club member and your regular training ride details (although am based in brighton). I know Gozzas and he recommended Bayeux to me. Cheers - Bruce

Query

Back to top Go down

Post  RichMitch on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:56 pm

Hi Bruce,

If you want to ask anything on the forum go for it, we'll see if we can answer the questions for you. Might be quicker if somethings urgent?

Richard

RichMitch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Joining Bayeux

Post  Query on Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:58 pm

Hi Martin

Just thought I'd mention I've still not heard back regards some info about Bayeux - would be great if you could get back to me via this forum or let me have an email I could use for a contact.

I'll try using Mark's email in the meantime.

Cheers!

Bruce

Query

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeny on Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:51 pm

Hi Bruce,

I'll look into it for you - cheers!

Martin
(forum moderator)

Greeny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Bayeaux Membership

Post  Query on Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:34 pm

Hi

I recently sent an query via your website to Mark asking a few questions about Bayeaux...I would be grateful if you are able to cehck if you received this or can I ask a few questions off-forum?

Thanks!

Bruce

Query

Back to top Go down

Questions about membership or anything else

Post  Greeny on Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:30 am

This is the thread to ask any other questions you might have about our club. We'll endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible!

Greeny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down