Bayeux Cycling Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dunsfold Vets 5th June

3 posters

Go down

Dunsfold Vets 5th June Empty Re: Dunsfold Vets 5th June

Post  iggy Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:35 am

In 5th place with what could have been a perfect lead out and then they sat up taking you out. They really must practise their lead out train better for you.

That's really bad luck but a good ride on the face of it so well done you.

iggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Gozza Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:48 pm

well done Greeny - I'm sure it was a confidence booster

Gozza

Back to top Go down

Dunsfold Vets 5th June Empty Dunsfold Vets 5th June

Post  Greeny Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:21 pm

Ahhh Dunsfold, the diesel's paradise!

After my horrible smashing at Cyclopark and piss-poor efforts in the handicaps I badly needed a race like last night. Quick pace (over 25mph av) and some very fast sections of well over 30mph, but easily manageable in such a big bunch. I even got in two early though unsuccessful breaks, but missed the one that stayed away.

On the final lap I got a bit too far forward on the back straight, sitting fifth wheel in the bunch and then getting totally swamped when all the guys in front of me backed off, leaving me in the wind. Novice error Embarassed

In the final straight I ended up on the wheel of a Norwood Paragon who declined to sprint in any way, so by the time I was past him it was all over and I finished down the field but very pleased just to have come home comfortably in the pack.

Something to build on anyway.

Greeny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down