Bayeux Cycling Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dunsfold 3rds 27th July

4 posters

Go down

Dunsfold 3rds 27th July Empty Re: Dunsfold 3rds 27th July

Post  Shane P Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:13 am

Thanks chaps, results came in confirmed at 7th. With 1 point from the Wivelsfield handicap (4ths stayed away hoovering up the first 5 or 6 places) I finish the season on 25 points. Knowing that in the 20 races Ive done, I've been in the top 10 for 50% of them is quite encouraging, although placing 5th at Cyclopark was my highest place this year is not quite the win I was hoping for.

Next year, on my return, I'll be full gas back to strength, riding into London and back twice a week plus as much other training at weekends that I can manage. 2nd cat is on the agenda big time.

I really felt uneasy riding in the back half of the bunch - quite noticably so. I was much much happier in the first 20 at all times and have been working on reading the race well so following the right moves. My dream is to win from a small break as whilst I can sprint, I'm not the fastest - top 10 for sure though hence the results.

Early summer was the strongest I've felt for a long time. I could push myself harder and read the moves better. Cycloparks back to back really gave me the edge there and several races on the trot managed to be part of the selection instigators and come out the right side of the gap.

Will finally add that whilst the boys in yellow and black are a little rough round the edges at times, there is a core group that train very hard and are super strong. It is important to have teamies around for moral support if nothiing and I'm starting to work with these guys to control the races.

Please, Please, Please can next year be a bumper year for BCT and ensure the 'CT' bit stands for cycle team not cycling tourists for when its appropriate?

Shane P

Back to top Go down

Post  iggy Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:22 am

Nice one Shane. Even the great Eddy Merckx had to play it cagey............ sometimes

iggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeny Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:07 pm

A positive end to a strong season carrying the Bayeux colours Shane. Good work fella!

Greeny

Back to top Go down

Post  Gozza Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:25 pm

well done shane, great effort - see it does work if you conserve a bit of energy Very Happy 

Gozza

Back to top Go down

Dunsfold 3rds 27th July Empty Dunsfold 3rds 27th July

Post  Shane P Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:19 am

I'd entered this some months ago and was to be my last full road race this year.

After a harder week than my legs are used to of late I chose the same game plan that most 3rds do and sat in for the first 6 laps (would have been 5 but the lap board man added an extra lap in for fun). I had a few runs off the front trying to bridge to breaks but knew deep down they would probably get reeled in. A solo effort by one Dynamo rider also most lasted to distance but in the last lap I thought either I pull him back or slip away in similar fashion but get a workout all the same. A good drive on the front more than halved his gap so I let a few others do the rest.

Well positioned for the climb and sprint I found myself up near the front and using the wheels to save energy for the line. I decided a different tactic on this finish and rather than hit the hill hard to get a gap and hang in on the sprint I chose to take it steady on the climb and power the sprint. With the exception of a slight boxing in I had loads left by the top of the rise to accelerate and followed the top 6 easily to the line to get 7th with a nice gap behind me. If I'd been a bit better with gear choice and positioning it might have been a 6th but still pleased all the same given I've been focussing on other things recently.

Shane P

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down