Bayeux Cycling Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ritchey stems

5 posters

Go down

ritchey stems  Empty Re: ritchey stems

Post  iggy Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:31 am

It's just occurred to me Hillsy, the amount of turbo training you do creating loads of sweat constantly being sprayed around the bolts, surely that has something to do why it's always your stem fixings that break? Just a theory.............

iggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeny Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:53 am

Cyclists nominating their favourite kit is a bit like parents saying they prefer thier own children to others, hardly an objective viewpoint Wink .... however, I've been really pleased with the Pro Vibe 7s stem I stuck on the race bike last year. Absolutely bombproof.

Here's a more objective review:

http://roadcyclinguk.com/news/rides-news/pro-vibe-7s-handlebar-and-stem-review.html

Greeny

Back to top Go down

Post  iggy Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:55 am

Never had a problem with Ritchey but have always kept to the alu and not carbon. In fact I've just bought a new Ritchey 260, alu of course.

iggy

Back to top Go down

Post  lechef Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:22 am

Now if it was me who broke a stem that would be understandable Massive power lol! lol! lol!

lechef

Back to top Go down

Post  RichMitch Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:14 am

I recomend the stem I use which is a Deda Zero 100. I think they do a Carbon version to. Team sky issue. Could be worth a look? But it's up to you, odd that they keep failing you, you're not a big bloke.

RichMitch

Back to top Go down

ritchey stems  Empty ritchey stems

Post  Hillsy Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:37 am

another one broke yesterday just going out of glynde with the bayeux slow train in sight.Had to limp home just by doing the bolts up every now and again.

Hillsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum