Bayeux Cycling Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kirford 23/06

3 posters

Go down

Kirford 23/06 Empty Re: Kirford 23/06

Post  lechef Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:55 pm

Shane just read your report now IMO a clever rider (Stu ) would have kept you with him even if it meant cranking the speed back slightly two is always better than one when you're a long way from home. He could then have saved enough in the tank to actually get rid of you closer to the finish and actually win the race. It just like the Crits there are lots of guys out there super strong yet don't ride with a brain. They normally Test, head down arse up keep going as hard as i can until some one tells me to STOP Very Happy

lechef

Back to top Go down

Post  iggy Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:59 am

Deep sigh Shocked So that means you could have been 1st or 2nd had you stayed on his wheel. Oh OUCH.

Keep trying as something good can't be far away. Very Happy

iggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane P Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:38 pm

Sorry for lack of write up, been too busy.

All was a bit sedentry for the first half of the race with nothing happening so I got Crawley Wheelers to line it out from Kirdford to the narrow bridge from where Stu Nisbett (very strong wheeler) and I would attack. In hindsight, this was too obvious as we got chased immediately. I went again on the S bends half a lap later on the way into Kirdford again and Stu came with me again.

We got a really good gap but I just could not hold it - my recovery and TT'ing on threshold for more than a few minutes is just not good enough and dropped off Stu's wheel. He continued on to solo to the line but got caught for second by the bunch's lead rider having been away for 25 miles with up to a 1:30 gap.

I worked with the rest of CW to counter any attacks and generally manage them on the road, crossing the line 25th with lots of cramp but having had a good work out considering the lack of too many miles in the weeks before.

Shane P

Back to top Go down

Kirford 23/06 Empty Kirford 23/06

Post  lechef Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:26 am

How did it go Shane????Very Happy

lechef

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: